Tuesday, October 2, 2007

My intro

Hi all. Some of what is going on with me lately...

I finished at the University of Kentucky in May with a B.S. in Computer Science. Most of my projects involved web development, which led directly into a summer job and to where I am now.

The summer job was a grant-based project for the Language department at UK.

At the beginning of July I was hired by the American Board of Family Medicine as a full-time Web Developer. You can go to the ABFM site here. I was surprised to get this job so soon as they were looking for someone with experience but I guess I impressed them!

You might be wondering what I do as a Web Developer. Basically, I write computer code that controls how the websites of the company work. Computer programming is all about problem solving. Like following directions for cooking or driving, it can be easy to interpret things differently. The goal with programming is to be very exact in what you tell the computer to do.

That all for now. I'll add more soon.

-Jeremy

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was glad to see you also blog. Just wanted to say how proud I am of you. Congradulations on the new job if I have not already said so. You know I feel like you are mine.

xoxo
Luanne

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeremy, Corey informed us about where she was born and stuff, and you didn't, so does that mean . . . ? No. Can't be.
TM